Sunday, January 06, 2008

Brrr......

How has my Sunday been? Here's a rundown:

Took the puppies to see their grandparents. Mom loved the sd card I got her that had some of my pictures of my niece, nephew and the puppies on it. I played for a bit on her high speed internet - it was better than watching the Today Show. I didn't want to see the bad news of the day. So, I watched video of Sergio Garcia and Jose Maria Olazabal instead.

We came home and I tried a different variety of Progresso Soup - Steak and noodles. I added some diced tomatoes because I had some in the fridge that I need to use. The soup is pretty good. Until now, I've stuck to the chicken varieties. This was a good change to keep me from getting tired of chicken soup.

Then I did some laundry and took Steffi and Fritz out for a walk. I walked for about 20 minutes outside. I was warm then. The sun came out for a little bit to brighten things up but it has since been blocked out by clouds. This has been a rainy weekend but as long as its warm I don't care. I also got a cutting off of the grape vines. I forget what I'm supposed to do with it, so I just put it in a glass of water. Maybe it will sprout and grow roots. I should look up what I'm supposed to do with it. Dad wants a vine to set out at his house.

I took a nap and didn't sleep long enough. The furnace woke me up. I can tell I didn't sleep enough because I woke up all jittery. Oh well, I'll sleep tonight. This is where I started getting cold.

I've got the tv on the food network, which is not a good idea when you're on a diet, but they are supposed to be having healthy recipes. I think they ran out of healthy recipes. Road Tasted had kringles and cheese and this next show has french cookies and cheese.

As for my diet, I've been sticking to it today. And thanks to my 20 minute walk, I think I'm going to come in under my 1150 calorie goal for the day. It depends on how hungry I get later I guess.

Steffi is also back on her diet. I cooked the turkey for her yesterday and she's back to eating it. I hope the turkey helps to reduce her cough some. It seems her cough gets worse when she eats bologna.

No comments: