Wednesday, January 02, 2008

An Ugh Day

We got some snow last night. You'd think since it had been forecast that the road crews would have been out treating the roads and they would have been in decent condition this morning. Well, since I'm writing this post, you can correctly assume that the roads really sucked this morning. I didn't see where the road crews had done anything. Even on the interstate I drove 45 and 50 mph. I got off the interstate at the exit where my office is and slid (that's with studded snow tires). I didn't slide much, I was only going about 5 mph on the exit ramp. Tonight I came home to find a salt truck parked in the road right next to my driveway. I couldn't go to my driveway and turn around so I could then come back to the beginning of my road to park my car. I had to turn around in a neighbor's driveway. Why do I have to park at the road instead of driving up to the house? Well, for one thing, my driveway is very steep and it's dangerous to drive it when there's a lot of snow on. For another thing, the only neighbor who shares my driveway (the old woman who shovels her own driveway in the winter because she's been cursed by a lazy family who would rather play with dirt bikes than help her) has relatives who drive on the driveway and pack the snow down into solid ice. Her relatives live about 50 feet away from her. And they have to drive to her house. Talk about lazy. I only hope that when Karma, or God if you prefer, makes things right that it appears in the paper so I'll know that it's happened.

So far so good with Steffi. Although her tummy was making noises tonight. It could just be the nasty salami I fed her for supper. Dad gave me a whole pack that he'd never opened. I don't know why anyone would eat that. It looks disgusting. Anyway, I hope Steffi's going to be okay. Winnie found a cardboard paper towel roll and she's chewing on it. I think PJ stole a piece. And just to keep from leaving him out, Fritz got brushed tonight.

Back on the diet yet again. Maybe if I keep going back on the diet, then I'll be too busy going on the diet to go off of it. LOL. And with the walking I'm doing to get to and from my car, I'm even getting some exercise.

Well, it's supposed to be really cold tonight, with wind chills down to about zero. The cat even wanted to come in tonight, but she's got plenty of hidey-holes out around the house and the pasture that she can crawl into and stay warm. I'm going to have a really, really cold walk down to the car in the morning. But the weather forecast claims we'll be back up into the 50s by the end of the weekend.

No comments: