Sunday, January 06, 2008

Diet Tricks

Just a couple of diet tricks that I've been using for a couple of weeks:

1. Plastic ice cream cups. You know those ice cream cups you used to get in elementary school - the little cups of ice cream with the cardboard covers? Well, I got a pack at walmart and one little cup is only 100 calories. So, I thought I could use the cups to control portion sizes of other varieties of ice cream. First I bought some fat free orange sherbet. Very strong orange flavor and very sweet, it makes you think you've had dessert. And by using the ice cream cups, I only get about 100 to 120 calories worth. One little cup holds about 3 ounces if you fill it to the same line that the original ice cream came up to. Yesterday I got fat free brownie ice cream. A 4 ounce serving of that is only 90 calories. I haven't opened that yet.

2. Baby spoons. I've been using baby spoons to eat my ice cream. I take longer to eat it and it makes me think there's more of it in a serving.

No comments: