Saturday, January 05, 2008

So Far, So Good, sort of......

So far, I've completed most of the things on my to do list. The only thing I have left to do is set the mouse trap. The sort of part comes from the diet aspect. As of now, I've eaten about 1040 calories. I don't think I'm going to stick to the amount I would like to ingest today - about 1150 or so. Maybe I'll walk in place for a bit later on to use up some calories.

Dad came up today and helped me cut Steffi's nails. She didn't like it at the time, but I'm sure she feels much better now. Her cough she's been having sounds a lot like Fritz's hair ball cough, so I gave her some hairball treats. Fritz threw up twice today. He must have been out in the pasture eating bad stuff again. Winnie and PJ just loved seeing their grandpa. Dad also helped me change a lightbulb in the bathroom. No, this isn't a how many west virginians does it take joke. The glass bowl covering the bulb had little screws to hold it in place and I didn't have enough hands to hold the bowl, the screws and the lightbulb. Plus Dad's taller than me and could reach the light better.

I had made a silent resolution to try to spend less money this year. After balancing my checkbook today, I see that I really need to try to follow that resolution (although I did manage to show an increase in savings this year despite all my spending). But, unfortunately, my shopping trip this morning resulted in a bill of $120.00 at Walmart. $30.00 of that was for shoes for work so that's an acceptable expense - the shoes I have been wearing have holes in them and my socks kept getting wet. And I bought a 512 MB sd card so mom can put pictures of the granddogs and grandkids on it to play in her digital photo frame she bought. I put some of my pictures of the puppies and the kids on it so Mom will have mine too. The only frivolous purchase I think was the large quantity of remnant fabric. I couldn't help it - there were some really nice colors and prints. But I think altogether that was probably only $8.00 or so.

No comments: