Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I may be having a not-so-good Ebay experience. I won three auctions from the same seller a month ago and before I bid I checked the seller's feedback. Judging by when the buyers posted their feedback, the seller seemed to be taking about a month to 6 weeks to send the items. And the seller's rating was 99%. Well, sometime in the last month, the seller has dropped to 92.7% with over 30 negative feedback entries. There is now a message next to the seller's name that says "not a registered user." Of course, one of the dissatisfied customers won 25 auctions and left negative feedback for each item so many of the 30 entries are from the same buyer. Instead of jumping on the negativity bandwagon, I sent the seller an email tonight politely requesting status of the shipment of the items I've won. I expressed my hope that he resolves whatever problems he's been having that resulted in all that negative feedback and even wished him a happy holiday weekend. Maybe my niceness will get my items shipped to me soon. I know from work that if you're given a choice between working on something for someone who was mean to you, or working on something for someone who was nice to you, you usually do the nice person's stuff first. So, maybe my items will get some attention soon.

No comments: