Saturday, November 29, 2003

I went shopping today and had a very strange experience. No one was there. Usually, after Thanksgiving the stores are packed with people. But Walmart was practically empty. Which was good since I could shop all I wanted to. The bad part was that the salespeople were so bored that they all asked me if they could help me. I hate that. The quickest way to chase me out of a store without selling me anything is to ask me if I need any help. So, I did all my Christmas shopping today. I forgot about a present I had already bought my niece, so she ended up with an extra gift. But that's ok. She can't count yet; she'll never know. I just know she'll love that Singing Barney doll. I even had time to stop by the pet store. I had never been in there and wanted to see what all they had. Well, they have the two pets I would like to have but can't: turtles and hedgehogs. If I got either one of them, the house cats and house dogs would soon be dining on Hedgehog A La King or something and we can't have that, particularly since the hedgehog was priced at $85.00. He was sleeping so I couldn't really see how cute he was. But the pet store also had very noisy birds, some quiet birds, a lot of fish, a few snakes, a bunch of different kinds of lizards, bearded dragons, and the usual hamsters, mice and such. It also had the ugliest, hugest Rat I've seen since high school biology, a ferret and a chinchilla (which I didn't really see, but the sign swore it was there). The mascot of the pet store was some kind of small monkey. He was bouncing off the walls of his little plastic/glass home and the sign on the cage said "Don't peck on the glass". Well, I think the monkey was more upset about the screaming birds than anyone pecking on the glass. That's no way for that little monkey to live. They should have him in a nice quiet place. And there was a sign on one of the fish tanks that said Alligators for some dollar amount. I didn't see the alligator though, I'm hoping some dutiful law enforcement officer told them of some law prohibiting the sale of potentially dangerous exotic pets. Alligators belong in the wild, not in someone's bathtub.

So, after I finished my shopping, the only chore I had left was sneaking the gifts in the house while my dad was here. But I finally got them all inside. I will probably spend tomorrow wrapping the most of them so I can get them out of my bedroom. I don't have any room in there as it is and now with all the presents in there, I know I'll be tripping over all of them.

I'm still thinking about getting a new DVD player. I have one and it works great, but it's attached to the tv in the family room and the only time I can watch anything on it is when my parents aren't watching tv in there. So, I'm thinking of getting a new one to hook up to my tv and giving my old one to my parents. You might ask me why I can't just move the DVD player I have into this other room where my tv is. Well, I could, but the family room is a more comfortable place to watch tv and the dvd player serves as the only cd player we have in that room. With Christmas coming up, we have to have a cd player in there to play my Elvis Christmas CD. Nothing says Christmas quite like "Blue Christmas".

Took a nap this afternoon. I wasn't really planning on it, but I've been staying up late at night watching my X2 dvd. That is such a good movie. And I just love Scene Selection. Some dvds I have don't give that option and that really stinks.

No comments: