Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas was pretty good at our house. My sister and brother-in-law got some PS2 games. They seemed thrilled with those. Dad got some cd's, a pc game, Andy Griffith dvds and some tools. Mom got pc games, a box of chocolates (cause life's like that - LOL), I got her a kitchen utility cart (one of those put-it-together-yourself deals from wallyworld). Jasmine got all kinds of toys. She was as happy as a nearly two year old can be. I got Flight Simulator 2004 (when I get sound back on my pc, I'll enjoy that better), an album for recipes, a book on the meaning of dreams, a unique pig figure, some mixing bowls and measuring cups and spoons, and a big stone baking sheet for baking pizzas. Fritz and Steffi got a rawhide chew to snack on for Christmas. Fritz got a new jingle ball. And the house cats got some new catnip this morning. Dad liked the uncooked cranberry sauce the best, so I guess I will keep that recipe and make it every year. And the chocolate mousse cake went over very well. My brother in law, Steve, is upgrading our pc. He put a second hard drive in it and said, "you can migrate the stuff from your old hard drive to this one and then we can get rid of the old one." I'm still wondering what he meant by 'migrate'. Do you think it means copy and paste? Cause I can do that. And we have no sound on our pc because it took Steve an hour to download video drivers, whatever they are, and he said it would take too long to download sound drivers so he was going to put whatever we need on a cd and have my sister install it when she comes down again. Dial up connections may not be the best thing for downloading stuff, but they are pretty much the cheapest and that's a good selling point. I took a quick look at Flight Simulator last night, but I think I need sound to do anything cool with it. The introductory flight kept showing this message to bank right, but there were no instructions for how to do that, so I'm guessing there was a voice telling me how to do it. Mom hid Dad's cd's, game and dvds because Jasmine was throwing them on the floor and it took us a half a day to find them.

Today, I watched part of The Spy Who Loved Me on Spike TV. A very good Bond movie, considering it's Roger Moore. I also watched the last hour or so of The Man With the Golden Gun. When Bond landed his little plane on the island, I kept expecting Nicknack to yell, "the plane, the plane!" But I guess the island wasn't much of a fantasy - heeheehee.

I think tomorrow I will go to walmart to see if they have the Alias Season 2 dvd. Walmart is bad about having these things at one store, but not at all of them.

No comments: