Saturday, December 13, 2003

Yesterday at work was pretty pleasant. Tony wasn't there. It seems that everytime Tony takes a day off, his wife calls the office to talk to him and finds out he's sneaked off without telling her. It's too funny. And yesterday, he did get a call, but whoever it was hung up before we could find out who it was. We like it when he gets busted.

So, since Tony was gone, it was naturally a wonderful opportunity to play another prank or two on him. Yesterday's pranks consisted of a Christmas Card and a Christmas tree. The card - I copied the cd cover for my new Barry Manilow Christmas cd and wrote out a little message to go beside it. It went like this, "Wishing you all the joy that a Barry Manilow Christmas has brought me. Best Wishes, Tony." I taped the card onto Tony's pc monitor so everyone who walked by could see it. Marlene wrote a little note and attached it to the card. The note said, "We'll let you figure out who all we sent this card to." LOL! Then Angie saw it and said that we should have decorated Tony's cubicle for Christmas. That he at least needed a tree. So, I spent my afternoon, in between bouts of work, making a Christmas tree out of copier paper. I colored it green with a green highlighter and then cut out round ornament shapes from colored post-it notes and wrote Barry Manilow song titles on them and taped them to the tree. The star on top of the tree was a copy of Barry's face. Myhaulina walked by and saw it sitting there on Tony's desk and burst out laughing. I'm going to tell Tony not to throw it away. I want to bring it home and show my dad. He loves to hear about all the pranks I pull on Tony.

The third pleasant thing that happened yesterday was that my old boss, Sallie, sent me a birthday card. We share the same birthday, only she was born quite a few years before me. I think she's trying to butter me up so that if a position comes open in her region I might transfer down there. That isn't going to happen, but gifts are wonderful.

I noticed that the links in my post last night are blue now, instead of the greyish color they normally are. I hate it when the program has a mind of its own (because I certainly didn't do anything to change it). I guess I'll have to try to fix it somehow. I want the links to be different colors so you can see which word to click on.

And President Bush has some nerve. He tells France, Russia and Germany that they can't bid on contracts in Iraq and then has the nerve to send a representative to those countries to talk them into forgiving Iraq's debt! And he's also alienated Canada to boot! If Clinton had done this, he would have been impeached and thrown in jail by now. This only goes to show you that if you are a rich Republican you can buy your way around the law. Howard Dean may have some problems, but at least he says what I want to hear when it comes to attacking the current administration. And he's the only one saying it loud enough for the voting public to hear.

No comments: