Wednesday, December 31, 2003

I hate Computers!

I have just spent about three hours trying to get my printer to work. It used to work fine, now, nothing. When I try to print I get a message that says my computer can't communicate with the printer and that I should unplug it and plug it back up, I should check the usb cable, and then I should restart the computer. Well, I do all those things and nothing happens. After about three tries, I got a message that said the computer had detected new hardware and wanted to look for the driver. So, I sent the computer on its mission to seek out the driver. Couldn't find it, which is strange because I sure haven't deleted anything off my computer. So, I reinstalled the printer. During the reinstallation, I was prompted to put in the driver disk. I didn't have a driver disk. At one time, I might have had one, but I don't know where it is now. That's what happens when Mom straightens up the house. So, I had to go to the Lexmark site and download the driver. It took two hours and the computer downloaded it into the Music file, which ironically, doesn't appear to have any music in it. Music file??? No wonder the computer can't find anything. Did I mention that I hate computers? Anyway, I restarted the computer. Still can't print. I should have just gone after the hair clog in the bathtub drain. It would have taken 10 minutes and I would have something to show for it (the hair clog and a well drained tub).

No comments: