Saturday, December 06, 2003

Jesse Ventura's America was on tonight and Jesse's guest was retired NBA Basketball star Charles Barkley. Barkley is very vocal about his opinions on politics and social issues so it was a good episode. And Barkley actually said a few things I agreed with. The most notable thing about tonight's show was a badge Jesse wore which had both his and Barkley's names on it - it was supposed to imply that the two of them may run for President and Vice President next year. Ventura's been talking about it since his show premiered. I'd love to see it only to see the current President get his butt kicked in debates.

Tonight after Jesse's show, I used my new dvd player and watched three episodes of the show, Nero Wolfe, the series on A&E which the network cancelled after two seasons. A&E is supposed to release the second season on dvd next year. I plan to get that set also. This is a very good show, complete with period sets and costumes. By 'period', I mean 1940's or so. And the music is a mix of classical and big band with a little jazz thrown in. It's too bad it isn't still on the air.

No comments: