Tuesday, December 30, 2003

On my way home tonight, I saw that gas prices had raised $0.14 in just one day! Usually they only raise by $0.05 or so. This has to be price gouging because of the Gator Bowl and WVU Football's appearance in the event. I'm so tempted to email the local news and ask them to investigate.

Today at work I learned that despite the Governor ordering numerous rounds of budget cuts, the State office is planning on sending probably close to 100 people to a hotel three hours away for a two night stay for financial training. As a taxpayer, I am disgusted by this flagrant waste of my tax dollars. I'm trying to get out of the training. And it only has a little bit to do with the fact that I could teach this training with my eyes closed and I'd be bored to death if I had to go. A little bit more to do with the fact that I might just smack a few people, like Little Miss Commissioner, if I went.

Darlena was looking for file folders today at work and Angie and I helped her find a couple. Angie told her that her best bet was to steal them from people who weren't at work that day and I said that she could steal them from Tony since he doesn't even read policy, let alone organizes it with folders. Darlena was stunned. She said, "How did you know that's what I was going to do with these folders? I didn't tell you." I really freaked her out. I wasn't about to tell her it was a lucky guess. So, I let her think I was psychic. It was so funny. And then we had a bunch of idiots replying to all in our email today. Our email program at work lets you email groups of people at one time. So, they have set up a group that includes everyone in our agency. Well, idiots include that group on the email and that means 100's of people get an email that has nothing to do with them. Then the ones who shouldn't have gotten the email reply to all, which means they deliberately choose to send their response back to every single person who was originally included in the first email. Polly and I have just about had it with the reply to all syndrome. I was tempted to email the ram and ask her to suggest at her next big meeting she has to go to that everyone gets more email training. Polly's going to send them all those Pinstruck voodoo dolls. She can send one to Little Miss Commissioner with my blessings, but not my email addy :) Polly said she'd like to have some email training since she's never had any for this program. I asked her why she should bother with it, apparently all you learn is to reply to all and send a lot of people unnecessary email.

No comments: