Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Another Christmas Luncheon

Yes, I ate today at work. Bad, bad things. All carbs except the nuts on the brownies and the peanut butter in the peanut butter balls. Again, there was ham. Why do people have to have ham for Christmas? I think I read that in some country, the family would sell their hog at Christmas time so they obviously wouldn't be eating ham.

I'm getting nothing done at work. I pick something up and have to put it down because something else comes along that's more important. I have about 5 somethings half-done on my desk. I might as well give up for the rest of the year. I've got this Friday off, next Friday off, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day off. Yep, a month of complete unproductivity.

I got home tonight and wrestled with the dogs - all four of them. It makes Fritz so happy when I play with him. Steffi has run out of turkey breast so I've been feeding her Fritz's bologna. She begs a lot, like she's still hungry. So, I gave them some of the puppies' Moist and Meaty dog food.

I need to start thinking about things to write about. Not for blog writing. But for book writing. I've got my laptop and I haven't written anything yet.

And why does the local news have to be all bad news? I was planning to watch the weather tonight, but all they wanted to talk about was how this poor old man who can't walk or use his arms was scammed by his 'caregiver' - the caregiver stole the man's specially equipped van. I feel really bad for people with Seasonal Affective Disorder - they are already depressed and then they have to suffer with all the bad news on the news. I've personally seen so many funny video shows that I think I'm now watching reruns. Although, I don't think some of the supposed funny videos are all that funny. Some are serious with possible injuries. That's not funny.

No comments: