Friday, December 14, 2007

Shopping and Napping

I got up this morning the regular time, 5am, but after feeding the cat and letting steffi and fritz out and back in, I went back to bed for about an hour. Then I watched some of the Veria channel because nothing else but infomercials and depressing news was on. I fed the dogs and got ready to go shopping. I stopped by Tractor Supply and realized I should have gotten Dad's Christmas presents there instead of Walmart. I bought a couple of toys for the dogs there. Then I went to the bank and to the Around the Farm store - got two more toys for the dogs. Went to Family Dollar - two more toys for the dogs. At Walmart I spent a bunch of money. They have this pendulum thing that swings back and forth and then by force of magnetism stops on one of the Magic 8 Ball like answers on the base of the device - it's supposed to be an executive decision making aid. LOL. I got it to help me with the self hypnosis. I figure the swinging pendulum would help me focus and then looking at the swirls on the base, I think that could help too. After Walmart I went to the Mexican restaurant for lunch. I haven't been there for a long time because they never look like they're open. This time, I looked at the hours posted and saw that they would be open while I was still in town. Then I stopped at Krogers and bought turkey breast for Steffi, a couple of packages of bologna, a half gallon of milk and a tin of popcorn. I normally don't buy the popcorn in a tin but the tin had these really, really cute dogs on it and the dogs were wearing Christmas hats. So now I have a bunch of popcorn to eat.

Came home and dad was here to help me take the dog pen down and move it out of the living room. Remember this was the double decker pen - Dad put my 24 inch pen on top of my 36 inch pen to keep the puppies from jumping out. So, now the puppies are loose in the house all the time. I told dad we might be putting it back up next weekend if the puppies didn't get used to things. I had hoped they would be easy to feed by feeding them mighty dog, but they don't want to eat mighty dog. Winnie wouldn't go near it and PJ would take a piece of the meat if I handed it to her. Then she'd run off with it and wallow it around but not really eat it. Tonight, I put the puppies in the family room and fed Steffi and Fritz. Then I brought the puppies back in.

I had to vacuum where the pen used to be so I went ahead and swept the rest of the house. The puppies didn't mind the vacuum too much. After that, I put the turkey breast on to cook and took a nap. Got up, ate some of the popcorn, drank a bunch of ice water, watched Martha Stewart's show, fed the dogs, ate some poptarts, and I just tried to sew a strap onto a baby bib so Winnie could wear it. I got Winnie a pink one and PJ a blue one and they both say "I Love Mommy". I wasn't having much luck sewing a corduroy strap onto the bib, so I just used red felt. It doesn't need hemming.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm taking the puppies to mom and dad's tomorrow. Usually I go on Sunday but this Sunday we are supposed to get snow so I don't plan on driving then. And tomorrow is good for going to mom and dad's since it's my birthday. Mom's got me a present and I think cake/ice cream, something. Dad asked me if I was off the diet for my birthday and Christmas. I'm bringing my digital camera tomorrow, if I remember, because I also bought a Santa hat and I'm taking that with me. Dad doesn't know it yet, but he's going to wear the hat and hold the puppies and I'm going to get pictures :)

No comments: