Saturday, December 08, 2007

Late Start

I got a late start to shopping today. I woke up at 5am and it was pouring down the rain. So, I decided to go back to bed after letting the dogs back in from their potty time. I didn't want to go to the store in the dark and in the rain. Once I did start shopping I spent a bunch of money. I bought a storage thing to hold my fabric and ribbon and stuff. And I bought a cooling mat thing for my laptop. And I bought a bunch of little stuff that added up.

I also bought baby spoons to eat with. I figure a baby spoon will help me take smaller bites and eat slower which means I should actually taste what I'm eating and will need less of it. It's a variation of the eat with chopsticks diet suggestion.

The costliest purchase today was my 1 year tracfone card. Now I just have to remember to activate it on the 18th or 19th. I have to renew by the 20th and I want to make sure I do it after my birthday. I'm trying to use my birthday as a reminder to buy the cards since I always forget.

I saw on tv that they have the microwave brownie bowl things with just 150 calories, so I bought a few today. They can take the place of poptarts a few nights a week. I'm eating one now for my midmorning snack. And thanks to the baby spoon, I'm tasting it and it's taking about 20 minutes or so to eat it. I think the baby spoon will come in real handy when I start eating ice cream again. It's too cold for ice cream right now.

Well, I bought three magazines this morning so I think I'll go and read about the "lose 8 pounds dieting just three days a week" fallacy.

No comments: