Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday Report

I went to mom and dad's today and took the puppies. It is my birthday and Mom had a cake and ice cream for me and I got a present. Mom has always been a little different when it comes to presents. You can give her a list of things you'd like (Christmas wish list for example) and she would buy you things completely unrelated to anything on the list. This time, she got me a can of whole cashews. Strange gift, but they are my favorite nut and I never buy them for myself.

I got pictures of the puppies with my santa hat-wearing dad. I didn't get one of him holding PJ but I was lucky to just get that hat on him. The puppies won't be going to their grandparents' house next weekend. My sister and her family will be there and the house is just too small for the little puppies to be there. I can see everyone tripping over them.

We might be getting some snow later tonight and tomorrow. The national weather map on the Today Show said 1 to 3 inches, but since it's supposed to rain here all day and all night, I wonder if most of that 1 to 3 will fall as rain. I parked my car down at the main road in case we get a bunch of snow. I need to be able to get down my driveway and get to work this week.

After I stuffed myself with cake and ice cream, I came home and made a sort of pizza. I had some leftover cheese and pepperoni from the pizza roll thing I made the other night. So, I mixed up biscuit dough and flattened that out on a 12 inch cookie sheet and pre-baked it. Then I coated it with garlic butter, spaghetti sauce, the cheese, the pepperoni, and then what I had left of the mexican blend shredded cheese that I had in the refrigerator. Baked that for a nother 3 or 4 minutes until the cheese melted. It was pretty good. Unfortunately, I am so stuffed now that I feel miserable. I hope how soon the food eating part of the holidays will be over and I can get back to the diet.

A few posts ago, I commented that everyone has to have ham it seems for any holiday. Well, I was very pleased to see that many people on the food channel and fine living channel make beef roasts for holidays. It's not turkey, but at least it's not ham.

No comments: