Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas at Mom and Dad's

I went to mom and dad's today for Christmas. I got there around 8 or 8:30am and everyone was already up. I figured they would be sleeping in after the long drive in from Florida. I spent the whole day there. We ordered dinner from the grocery store and found out when we got it that they wanted us to spend 2 hours heating everything up. We could have made it all from scratch in about 3 and a half. So, I don't think we'll be ordering it again. And we sped up the heating process this time with the use of the microwave.

As for the presents, I think everyone was pretty happy with what they got. I'm thrilled with what I got: the 2006 Ryder Cup dvd, a couple of pig things, the pancake puffs pan, and $20.00 cash. I got Mom a Monkees cd and Flannel Sheets and I got dad a rechargeable flashlight and a set of utility knives. The I got them both the Bible on DVD and three jars of specialty jelly. I got my sister a couple of books she wanted and I got my brother-in-law a cd of 1970's music and t-shirt that said "I think, therefore I'm dangerous". I got them both some tea from the Stash Tea company. I got my niece Jasmine dinosaurs. I got her one that walks and roars and a stuffed animal with a cd of music and a dvd of the Land Before Time. I got my nephew a couple of toys that play songs and teach the alphabet and numbers.

Everyone is supposed to come up to my house tomorrow. So, I have to vacuum tomorrow morning. My sister wants to meet the puppies.

I have a bunch of candy to eat now and probably more coming. Dad will find a way to give me more.

No comments: