Sunday, December 30, 2007

Around the House

What's been going on with me lately? Well, I was on the diet for three days. Overnight between Friday night and Saturday morning, Steffi became seriously ill. She has been passing blood so I don't think she's going to be around much longer. She's 15 and a half years old so I imagine this is an age related illness. All day Saturday she was very ill and not even wanting to eat, but last night she started having a bit of an appetite again. I'm only feeding her a little bit at a time. I fed her a whole slice of bologna last night and she threw it up so she's only getting a little bit at a time now. And I'm monitoring her water intake since much of what she threw up last night was water.

Along with cleaning up the house where Steffi's been sick (the house smells like carpet cleaner), I've been trying to collect the last of the Violet Winspear books I need to finish the collection. I just ordered about 6 more last night from Amazon marketplace and I think I'll need about 9 more. Hopefully, over time I can get the rest of them. I also read a golf book Friday night. It's called Heroes All: My Ryder Cup Story 2006, by Darren Clarke. It was pretty good. Plenty of good pictures. Even one of the streaker.

I took the puppies to see mom and dad today. Mom got her installation kit for the high speed internet but she hasn't hooked up yet. She checked some kind of online status and it says she's not 100% yet. I don't know what that is, but I'm going along with it. I have to go out tomorrow to pick up a package at the post office so I think I'll go to the bank too since I got my paycheck on Friday. I might stop by mom and dad's to see how their high speed internet is working out for them.

I dismantled the nursery area yesterday morning. Now the puppies can run a different circle in the house. They will like that.

I've been watching quite a bit of tennis this week. It's Tiger Week on the golf channel so I've had to find something else to watch. Last night I watched Andre Agassi beat Pete Sampras in a semifinal match at the 2000 Australian Open. It's great that these matches are aired more than once so we can see players who don't play anymore.

No comments: