Monday, December 24, 2007

Still Stuffed

Well, I'm still stuffed from the christmas food. Ugh!

My sister, brother-in-law and the kids came up to my house to meet Winnie and PJ today. Winnie was scared for a while and growled and barked and whimpered, but she warmed up to them.

There's talk that I might be going to Jacksonville to visit the World Golf Hall of Fame sometime this year. I checked the local airports and they don't fly direct to Jacksonville so I might have to figure something out. I don't see any reason to drive the approximate 12 hours to get there if I'm not going to be driving once I'm there. I wouldn't know where to go. But if it would take the same amount of time to get there by plane if I have to wait for connecting flights and stuff, then I could rent a car and drive down. I wouldn't want to use my car and put the miles on it unless it was hugely expensive to rent a car. There's still time to figure it out. I think they are thinking sometime in the Summer when they will have some vacation time. And I could use mom's garmin map thing if I go and drive myself. LOL

I did some Amazon shopping a little while ago to get some things from my wishlist that I didn't get for Christmas. I should hopefully have the whole series of Alias books now and a few more books to add to the Violet Winspear collection.

And I hear that my mom is going to sign up for Verizon DSL. Then my brother-in-law is going to set her up with a wireless router so I can log on at her house using my lap top. There's nothing on the internet that I need high speed access for. At least, not that I know of. I've gotten along without it this long. Verizon is having this deal - $15.00 a month for life if you sign up for a 2 year contract. I don't trust phone companies and contracts. $15.00 a month is cheaper than what we are paying now for dial up.

No comments: