Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lazy Sunday

I took a nap this morning because it was rainy and windy and dark outside. Then I got up and did some laundry, packed up the Christmas presents into a big box to get them ready to take to Mom and Dad's house. I ate too much, all day long. It was a special day for the puppies - they got a bath. PJ tried to climb out of the baby tub but Winnie, my temperamental biter, just stood there and tolerated it. They climbed onto my lap after we were done and I brushed them. Winnie likes to chew on the brush. So, yeah, I'm a bit soggy and smell like Hartz flea and tick citrus shampoo. I brushed Fritz. He thought he was next for the bath, but I didn't make him get one.

And, to try to get into the Christmas spirit, I made Christmas cookies for the dogs. I found these cute miniature cookie cutters and I made them candy cane shaped and teddy bear shaped cookies. The cookies are cheese, peanut butter cookies. I didn't have any bacon bits to put in them.

As for the snow, we barely got a dusting until about an hour ago. Then we got a good bit. I don't know how much more we are going to get tonight. The snow-loving weatherman on the local news claims one to three inches, but the National Weather Service says less than an inch today and less than an inch tonight, for a total of less than 2 inches. I hope I can drive up the driveway tomorrow evening after work.

Ooh, I'm watching the food network and the Barefoot Contessa is using canned pumpkin in something. I have a can of pumpkin in the cabinet for when the dogs get tummy aches. I could use that in a batch of cookies.

No comments: